Monday, March 31, 2008

Traveling in Style

I took a train on Sunday morning from Paris to Amsterdam. I had been looking forward to this train ever since I had booked it 4 days earlier.

"Is it because you and Kelby were at each other's throats and wanted to get the Hell out of Paris?"

Good guess, but no.

For the first time in my life, I was traveling in First Class.

For whatever reason, the train company had discounts for Youth (under 26) travelers in First Class, but not in Coach. As a result, a Coach ticket cost 105 euro while my First Class ticket was only 85 euro. Good freakin times.

I was unsure whether they would serve food on the train, so I made sure to stop at the local bakery one last time just to be safe. My nerves were calmed though, roughly 2 minutes after the train left the station. All of us elite were handed lunch menus and were told that we had 6 different beers and wines from which to choose. Oh my God, I didn't want this train to stop. One full lunch, a few mini bottles of Argentian wine, numerous unexpected delicious snacks along the way and four and a half hours later, I arrived in Amsterdam.


No comments: